Friday, February 18, 2011

Yet another CLAMP post



In the last 2 days I took the time to read this 23 + 3 extras chapters manga by, well of course, CLAMP. I was really expecting the whole envoirement and cuteness that's so characteristic of CLAMP in some situations. The no-real-touch-happens kind of thing was also on my mind, since I did tell my friend that I was expecting it to be that way, what many call "soul relationship". The plot was kind of silly and not very deep until of course the last chapter. But that aaaaaaaaalways happens, even if this was from the '90s, I know CLAMP love a good twist in their stories. The ending was oh so adorable and so-sweet-it'll-give-you-diabetes (I just read that expression and I had to use it ahah).

However, I was almost giving up on finding the right last chapter! Mangafox only has the first extra, Animea had the correct one but it was all messed up and out of order. Only after a bit of googling did I find a torrent that luckily was alive and came packed with a copy of the above video (don't you love it when your favourite books/mangas get animated/turned into films ?) - the song of the video is kind of disturbing, but well, that's the kind of manga it is and it fits.

I really like all the characters on this. Though they were 80% fem!men - no kidding. And it upsetted me to no end that the earlier chapters treat Kohaku as a girl - he looks like one, but he's a "male" angel (since angel's are supposed to be genderless I can't really say he's a male, but he is, okay? ahah). My favourite ones were probably Hisui and Kokyou - they look like a happily married couple, it's so cute (a bit sickening if they appear too much though).

All in all, a light read, good for killing boredom. And something to probably read if you're into CLAMP (and specifically Kobato - from what I've hear).
Now I'm ready for Kobato ! MyAnimeList.net says that Kobato is sort of an adaptation of Wish, so there you have it people (and my friend says there's a Kohaku in Kobato)!

...Sometimes I wonder if I should add "CLAMP-ranting" to blog description.
- Nessie

2 comments:

  1. Haja alguém que apoie a minha ideia !
    Th saudades tuas, minha puta :p Vou-te ver amanhaaaaaaaa *.*

    Btw, tenho-me esqecido, mas vou pôr o teu blog nos meus family blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stalkers :p
    Ft o nosso primeiro comentario. Qe honra babe :p

    ReplyDelete