Wednesday, February 9, 2011

CLAMP-[o]taku (I realized I post too much about them)

I'm desperately searching for the last chapter of xxxHOLIC, though I know I'll just cry when I read it!
Lately my liking for CLAMP returned, and I really just feel like I should marattone every manga and anime from them. Even though I just ranted about that yesterday too ^^;
Either way, on my search I found this comment that said something about how xxxHOLIC is more than a manga, but it's culture and knowledge, and you know, it really is. I'm the type to just read a manga because I like the story and the characters and I never really think about what the plot might bring into the person I already am. With holic I basically learnt almost everything I know about japanese folklore, and I learnt that "In this world, there's no such thing as coincidences, all there is is hitsuzen.", so to say that I always had the kind of belief that things happen because they are meant to happen, but that's a quote that really echoes through one's mind (and I can'te help but hear Yuuko's voice actor everytime I try to write or say that). Aaa~ah, now I really want to re-watch xxxHOLIC, it has such a mysterious feeling to it (even if perfect-bride-wife-Watanuki Kimihiro is such a klutz and overall comical character in the begining - meaning throughout the whole anime, not including the last ova: Rou).
Watanuki is probably the character that most grew through the whole Tsubasa/xxxHOLIC story, and you can really accompany his growth without even noticing at first. All I know is that I was really sad when the Rou arc came about, he seemed like a totally diferent character, though at this point you can pick up some comedy bits here and there. Not to mention that it broke my heart when he cried over Yuuko. I don't really relate much to him as a person, because bluntly, he's everything I'm not - he's a skilled wife person, while I'm just lazy - but it's definitly one of those characters I won't forget that easily.
(And I'm MAJORLY sad he didn't end up with Himawari as he had a crush on her, even though I think Kohane suits him best. It broke my heart to know that Himawari got married and her husband loves Watanuki's food, nandasorewa)

And now jumping into CLAMP's new manga - Gate 7! I just read the new chapter earlier today, and Chikahito is the new Watanuki! Except he isn't a perfect wife. The way he snaps really makes me think of the earlier xxxHOLIC chapters/episodes in which Watanuki would snap at Doumeki for every little thing. The plot for Gate 7 is as expected from CLAMP, and I can't wait to have more. Hana is an adorable little girl and I can tell there's gonna be some major bonding between her and Watanuki-2 Chikahito. Also: WHY IS THERE ANOTHER SAKURA CHARACTER IN THIS? Even though this time is a guy, isn't that a weird name for such a manly guy? And I like Tachibana too, he reminds me of Kanda from D.Gray-Man (though I did hate Kanda at the begining ^^;; ) . I read some interesting theories about Chikahito, and I really can see it happening in the future, him having some sort of ability that is.
There's not much too add still, but I do like the art, it's as fitting as ever.

Can I have a new manga with Fye now?
-Nessie
(I shall post about Kimi ni Todoke soon as I'm 3 eps away from season 2 <3)

No comments:

Post a Comment