Thursday, February 10, 2011

Finally got to read a translation for last chapter of xxxHOLIC

I'm not particulary shocked about the ending, such ending was expected. But I can't help but feel sad for Watanuki.
-SPOILERS AHEAD (highlight to read)-
It is said that 100+ years passed since he inherited the store, and the great-grandson of Doumeki Shizuka is shown. Apperently the Doumekis always stook with him, so he wasn't truly alone, but I can't help but feel as if after Shizuka died Watanuki was really alone. Because the other Doumekis don't share the same bounds with Watanuki. And even Kohane and Himawari came to pass, since they wouldn't really live another 100 years would they? 
The ending apart from this was kind of...neutral. I mean, he got to see Yuuko in a dream, but she only gave him an enigmatic message that I understood as it being time for Watanuki to let go and be free, though that's not really what he wants, and even Doumeki III (Lol yeah. whatever) understands he musn't use the egg as long as Watanuki doesn't accept that Yuuko's gone forever, or something of the sort.

I'd really like it if they started another story with Watanuki and such, but they wouldn't be able to connect to Tsubasa Chronicle right? I mean, 100 YEARS passed, in the meanwhile, I'm sure that Sayoran and the others died as well - even if that's even more sad to admit.
-SPOILER END-

The rumors of it just being done "for now" do cheer me up, but it's still unbearably sad that another CLAMP manga has come to a no-closure ending.
I also read that it is possible that Kobato will come to an end soon? Though I haven't read it yet, I really hope that's a rumor that hasn't any foundation. Unless that would mean they'd finish other mangas that are paused so far. Because I can't see CLAMP just focusing on one single project, seing as even handling two long mangas such as xxxHOLIC and TRC they found time to do Kobato and come up with insane plot twists for the first two.
MAAAAAAAAN, this pisses me off!! I'm out!

-Nessie

No comments:

Post a Comment